Saturday, May 5, 2007

Suzdal

Sorry for the lack of updating.... But I have good reason. I'm in Prague! Woot! I'll definitely give the details on that later. For now, I'll talk about my trip to Suzdal.

Vladimir-Suzdal, Part Deux:

So, after we visited Vladimir (see the last post), we took a ride over to Suzdal, where we stayed overnight in nice hotel (with a free breakfast). I really liked Suzdal a lot, mainly because it was a breadth of fresh air, literally. Free from the city smog of Moskva (Moscow), we walked along the sidewalks, taking in the country-side scenery of olde Russia. Very peaceful, and perfect for an overnight visit; I think if I had to stay there for more than a few days, it might get a little boring...maybe.

Anyway, enjoy the pictures!















Some gypsies were playing in this restaurant. It was full, so we couldn't eat there, but it looked like interesting.

















The pictures above were inside an old Russian church, which was situated inside the Suzdal Kremlin.



















We also went to an area where there were a couple wooden churches, from the old days...way back....like, a really, really long time ago.... These were a few that survived, along with a few other wooden structures.












Me and a couple others bought some kind of food from this old woman. I think it might have been the toll to cross the bridge.




The boyz....smokin' their 4 ruble, yes, 4 ruble, unfiltered cigarettes. Look at 'em. Standing there...lookin' all cool.... Felix was the coolest. He had the hat, man. The hat's the key. Word.


Peace,
Jessica

No comments: